Finding time to exercise can be difficult in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You don’t need an expensive gym or trainer to keep you motivated and in shape, and you don’t even need to dedicate a lot of time to burning calories. Check out these six at home exercise routines that will target different parts of your body in just 15 minutes.
1. Arm Workout
This workout from Women’s Health targets all of your arm muscles to help you get strong, toned, and feeling great. You’ll need dumbbells to complete these exercises.
- Shoulder Press: Start by holding the dumbbells just over your shoulders with your palms facing each other. Lift your arms above your head until they’re straight, and then lower them back to shoulder height.
- Triceps kickback: Bend at the waist so your chest is over your knees. With dumbbells in your hands, lift one arm up to chest height and then extend back until straight. Repeat with your other arm.
You also can do bicep curls and lateral raises if you have time to extend your workout.
2. Leg Workout
If you’re looking for a leg-shaking exercise routine, Daily Burn has you covered. You go from squats to lateral lunges to planks to even harder squats and lunges. Finish it up with some leg raises and reverse table top crunches to get you sweating in no time. Best part is you don’t need any equipment to do this workout.
3. Ab Workout
Your abs can be the hardest body group to hit, but they’re the most important because they affect your posture, balance, and other muscles. For this workout from Real Simple, you should invest in a yoga mat (to make floor exercises a little more comfortable) and a balance ball. Do some quick exercises from your stomach, back, and sides to have stronger abs in no time.
4. Back Workout
You may be wondering why you even need to target this area, but it helps you straighten your posture and the muscles around your spine. You should focus on these exercises especially if you work a desk job where you’re sitting most of the day. Check out this routine from Men’s Health for a list of targeted exercises.
5. Butt Workout
Vogue has you covered to make even JLo jealous of your bodacious booty.
- Bridges: Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet planted on the ground, and your arms at your sides. Lift your core up and keep your glutes tight.
- Turnouts: Get on all fours and keep your back straight. Lift your leg up to cross over your other leg.
- Single-leg bridge: Return to your bridge position, and then make it a little harder by lifting your leg straight in the air.
- Jumps: Do any type of jumping workout to get your butt in perfect condition.
6. Total Body Workout
If you only have 15 minutes to work on all of your body parts, go for a quick total body workout. Women’s Health has another great routine you can do in your home without any special equipment. Use your walls as leverage, and then jump, twist, and move to get your heart pumping and your muscles burning.
Don’t stress out over expensive gyms or a lack of time. If you’re dedicated to getting a workout in, you can do a lot in just 15 minutes. Tell us about some of your favorite easy exercises in the comments!